- CURRICULUM VITAE OF BONNIE BLUME GOLDSAMT
- Sole Practitioner - General practice and dispute resolution, including civil litigation, general equity/probate litigation, consumer law, family law, mediation, arbitration and real estate - 1989 to date.
- Senior Associate - Steven Morey Greenberg, Esq. - Litigation, consumer law, family law, real estate - 1987 to 1989.
- Associate - Rose & DeFuccio, Esqs. - Litigation, family law , wills and estates, real estate - 1984 to 1987.
- Assistant County Counsel - Essex County, New Jersey - Governmental Affairs Section - Complex civil litigation in Federal and state courts, consumer law and litigation, review of pending legislation/resolutions/ordinances, statutory and case law and counseling to the County Executive and other county officials regarding legal issues - 1982 to 1984.
- Associate - Cole, Schotz, Bernstein, Meisel & Forman - Civil litigation,
- family law, realestate, banking, bankruptcy and estate planning -1980 to 1982.
- Law Secretary - The Hon. Herbert S. Glickman, Superior Court, Essex County, New Jersey - 1979 to 1980.
- Legal Intern - United States Attorney, New Jersey - 1978.
- Former Associate Adjunct Professor, Seton Hall Law School Center for Social Justice
- Member of the Faculty - ICLE Civil and Divorce Mediation Trainings for approximately the last ten years
- Lecturer, State of New Jersey Judicial College
- Chair, Moderator/Speaker, ADR Day New Jersey-1997 to date
- Creator/Chair/Speaker, ADR Dat Bergen County New Jersey spring 1996
- Frequent Speaker, NJ ICLE on Mediation, Arbitration and other ADR topics
- Organizer/ Moderator/ Speaker, American Bar Association Dispute Resolution Section Meeting. New York, NY, April 2009
- Moderator/ Speaker, New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators Annual Meetings
BAR ASSOCIATIONS AND OTHER AFFILIATIONS:
NJ ICLE “Distinguished Service” Award for “Excellence” in Continuing Legal Education, 2010
Appointed Member, NJ Supreme Court Complementary Dispute Resolution Committee, 1999 - to date
“Legend” of ADR Award, NJSBA Dispute Resolution Section, 2007
Professor James B. Boskey ADR “Practitioner of the Year” Award, 2004
Appointed Member, New Jersey Supreme Court, District V-C Ethics Committee, 1996-2000
Appointed Member, New Jersey Supreme Court Family Practice Committee, 1990-1992
NJ Supreme Court Certificates of Appreciation for "Meritorious Public Service”
Distinguished Service Award, Women Lawyers in Bergen County, 1985-1987
ESSEX COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION
- Member: Elder Law Committee; Family Law Executive Committee; CDR and Chancery Committees
BERGEN COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION
- Trustee - 1988-1997 (three terms)
- Numerous commitees, including Chair Dispute Resolution Committee; Chair, Dispute Resolution Committee; Chair Alternative Work Schedules Committee.
- Trustee Liaison: Family Law, Elder Law and Labor Law Committees. Other Committees: Judicial Selection; Chancery;Speakers Bureau; Bergen Barrister.
BERGEN COUNTY BAR FOUNDATION
- Trustee Scholarship/student loan subcommittee; continuing legal education.
NEW JERSEY STATE BAR ASSOCIATION:
Trustee 2008 to date ( in third term)
Chair, ad hoc committee on Sponsor Policies and Procedures(current)
Chair, Dispute Resolution Section, 1999-2002
MEMBER NJBA SECTIONS AND / OR COMMITTEES;
Long Term Planning Committee
Meeting Arrangements and Programs Committee (current)
Membership and Marketing Committee
Election Committee (current)
Judicial Administration Committee (current and prior)
General Council; Past secretary, General Council Executive Committee
Alternate Work Arrangemnents Committee, Past Chair
Task Force on Alternate Work Schedules, in the Legal Profession
(Chair, Subcommittee on Lawyer Education and Resources), 1992-1993
Board of Directors Dispute Resolution Section
Dispute Resoltion Committee
WOMEN LAWYERS IN BERGEN COUNTY
- President 1985-1987; Secretary 1983-1985;
- Trustee 1983-1988; Director-at-large 1988. Committees: Program, Membership, Judiciary.
- Trustee, Jean Robertson Foundation
MASTER, GARIBALDI AMERICAN INN OF COURT FOR ADR,Board Member
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND LEGAL HONORS
- Arbitrator American Arbitration Association
- Officer and Member, Board of Directors - New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators ("NJAPM")
- Speaker/Lecturer for ICLE, New Jersey Bar Foundation, county bar associations and for numerous religious and civic organizations, including: Guardianship Association; Seton Hall Law School Forum; Montclair YWCA; Ridgewood YMCA; Federation UJA; Business and Professional Women; National Council of Jewish Women; Women Bankers Association; Passaic Rotary; Lions Club.
- Speaker - "Ask a Lawyer" Programs at NCJW, Livingston and Womens' Center, Englewood
- Nominee, Essex County "EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR",1982.
- WHO'S WHO IN AMERICAN LAW; WHO'S WHO IN EMERGING LEADERS,
- "Working Effectively with Mediators and Clients", New Jersey Lawyer, January 15, 1996
- "How Mediation Can Work for You to Resolve YourBusiness Dispute", Commerce and Industry Magazine, February 1996
- "Complex Cases Suited for Mediation",New Jersey Lawyer, October 14, 1996*
- "Dispelling Divorce Mediation Myths",New Jersey Lawyer, September 8, 1997
- "Don't Duck, Mediate",New Jersey Lawyer, August 17, 1998
- "A Personal Tribute to Professor Jim Boskey",Mediation News (NJAPM), May 15, 2000
- "What to Do When Your Client is in Mediation, A "Top 10" List", New Jersey State Bar Association Dispute Resolution Section News, Fall 2000
- "Successful Divorce Mediation Requires Cooperation Between Attorneys and Mediators",New Jersey Lawyer, October 11, 2001
- "The Art of Negotiation: From a Mediator's Perspective",ICLE Publications
COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES/OTHER EXPERIENCES
Selected as one of "Fifty Women You Should Know" by Montclair YWCA, 1995
Member, UJA Federation, Business & Professional Women
Executive Committee, Citizens for Responsible Education, 1980 to 1983.
Chair, Montclair Concerned Citizens Association; Southwest Community Association, 1976-1978
Publisher/Editor, The Fort Greene Paper, Brooklyn, New York, 1972 to 1975.
Member, Planning Board 2, Brooklyn, 1974 to 1975.Urban Renewal, Parks and Recreation Committees.
Executive Administrator for community groups, 1970 - 1975, including Landmarks
Preservation, Friends of Fort Greene Park, YWCA, Women's Political Caucus.
Selected as one of Brooklyn's "WOMEN OF THE YEAR" 1974 by National Organization for Women ("NOW").
- RUTGERS LAW SCHOOL, Newark, New Jersey - J.D., 1979
- NEW YORK UNIVERSITY, M.A., Politics, 1971
- SARAH LAWRENCE COLLEGE, B.A., 1967
- New Jersey - 1979
- United States District Court,
- New Jersey - 1979
- United States Supreme Court - 1987
- New York - 1990